Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a edgestar Ap 12000HS I forgot to label the wires...so

Customer Question

I have a edgestar Ap 12000HS I forgot to label the wires...so I have something backwards it is heating instead of cooling. Would you have a diagram of what wire goes where?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Can you take a picture of what you wired and upload it here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
phone too old no camera
ok what did you wire up can you tell me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The last wires I connected were brown, red and yellow, and blue. I think I made a mistake with one or more of these.
do you see a W connector?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had two of those, yet their sizes made that an easy choice.
basically the Yellow is the cool wire and where the W connection point is you need to swap that one....likely Brown
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The brown wire is a 90 degree clip and rather large. I will start by switching the red and yellow. the blue wire there were 4 clip point remaining I just guessed they were p1-4
yes you swapped the heat and cool wires
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the answer or did you just forget to rate the answer?