Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I need to replace the ice door on my kenmore side by side KSSS42QHX00.

Customer Question

I need to replace the ice door on my kenmore side by side KSSS42QHX00. It is a built in unit with wood overlays. I see plenty of videos on how to pop off the faceplate, but due to my cabinetry this does not seem to be an option. Do I need to remove the wood, and if so, how?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The panels do need to be removed, yes. The number 18 trim (see link below) on the door will come off, allowing the wood panels to be slid out. See the attached page for dispenser removal. CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!