Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a drop in frigidaire FED 355ESA range. The oven will

Customer Question

I have a drop in frigidaire FED 355ESA range. The oven will not heat up, but the top works fine. The broiler also does not work, but the light does.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.That unit has a high limit thermostat and a safety thermostat on the rear of the unit behind the back panel If either of those are tripped from some reason or they just went bad nothing in the oven as far as the heating elements will work. The back panel of the range will need to be removed and the thermostats will need to be checked for continuity using a meter. If they are bad they need to be replaced. This is a common issue for one of them to go out.click here for location of thermostatsRange Temperature Limit SwitchPart #:###-##-####- click here Wall Oven Safety ThermostatPart #:###-##-####- click here ******************************************************************************* We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the answer or did you just forget to rate the answer?