Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Good morning JA: . What is your issue regarding? Customer:

Customer Question

good morning
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have a maytag dishwasher that is stuck on auto clean with a delay start
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: no buttons work
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Yesterday we could do a rinse
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dishwasher today. So the first thing you want to do is unplug the dishwasher for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, then try to ust close the door and start a cycle. Since the delay start is selected, just give it 24 hours and see if the dishwasher will eventually start and complete the cycle and then reset the control panel after the cycle has finished. If the dishwasher won't start a cycle or it does but afterwards you still can't select other cycles/options, you need to replace the touch control panel because it has failed I'm sorry to say. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That didn't work - we are calling a repairman and I want my money back. I agreed to a $5 transaction to have a question answered - got a charge on my credit card for $28 - which I fighting.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
I'm not sure what you mean. I had told you that most likely you will need to replace the touch control panel. You can try to unplug it to reset it, but that doesn't always work. Replacing the touchpad will work. I can't control what fails I can only tell you what needs to be done to fix the problem which I have done.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Got it - not disappointed in your answer. Disappointed in the process behind - I clicked on a prompt to pay a $5 fee to get a quick answer. I declined the trial or membership and was not aware of any charges beyond the $5. My concern is that I now have a membership I didn't want and will be charged more than the original $5 I was shown by justanswer as a "click here" for just $5
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
You are not signed up for a membership. The charges are $5 just to ask the question but to read my answer, you are charged the full amount of $28. The $5 is just a good faith amount to ensure you are serious about asking a question and not taking experts time up with no intention of paying or not having a valid credit card and such.