Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Washer won't drain after wash cycle. Took the back cover off

Customer Question

washer won't drain after wash cycle. Took the back cover off to trouble shoot. Not sure where to go from here.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Well once the wash cycles are complete, the water is not draining. The timer keeps timing so I don't suspect the timer motor and I have already drained the tub manually so it isn't plugged.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.
Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker below the lid down near the hinges or on the back of the control panel.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There's a number stamped on the back of the control panel that is(###) ###-#### ***** only sticker I see is the electrical hazard sticker on the back panel.
That doesn't appear to be the model. Try checking where the image I attached shows below the lid.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
LSN100KQ0
Perfect, thank you. OK so if you turn the knob back to agitate, will it still agitate? If so, then does the timer advance and go all the way to the end or does it stop right before the drain and spin cycle and even if you manually advance it the motor won't run.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Timer keeps going.
If the timer keeps going, then the lid switch isn't the problem because the lid switch will cut out drain and spin, but it stops the timer before drain and spin. And if the washer still agitates, that means your motor's start winding is definitely good so even if you turned it to spin where the motor should reverse, the start winding on the motor would work if it was getting power causing the motor to start and stop. Unfortunately that means that your timer itself just has a bad contact inside and it's sending power to the motor during the drain and spin cycle which stops the washer from draining or spinning. The timer stopping would have been a better option because the lid switch is much cheaper than the timer, but if the timer keeps going then it should be sending power to the motor since there are no other cut outs. Below is a link to the timer you'd need to order and replace for your model which is about $120 I'm sorry to say. CLICK HERE for timer We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?