Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I need to get to the wires that go to lights in oven and need

Customer Question

I need to get to the wires that go to lights in oven and need to know how to take oven apart to get at them.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: how do i pull oven apart to get at wires to lights because the lights don't work even with new bulbs. I think the wiring needs to be replaced
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
KEMC308KSS01, thank you. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
The wiring is not likely to blame. Those lights are 12 volt bulbs. If you have new and correct bulbs, the transformer has likely failed. The transformer is behind the control panel and is shown as number 5 in the diagram at the link below. CLICK HERE If you are not getting 12 volts out of this transformer, it is faulty and will need to be replaced. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That isn't issue as the oven has two lights. One on left has flickered and last time I replaced bulb
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Are you using the low voltage bulbs? They are 12 volt bulbs.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The wires were frayed and I tried to tape them but could not reach through hole. The bulb on the other side works so it is not the transformer and I am using 12 volt lights.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Ah, okay. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
The oven will need to be removed from the cabinet and the access panels removed. You will have limited access to the wiring from the top but not right at the bulb sockets. See the attached pages from the service manual.