Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

Kenmore 795.51033011 is not making ice, water not dispensing.

Customer Question

Kenmore 795.51033011 is not making ice, water not dispensing. Water reservoir in frig (water coil) is frozen. Top areas of freezer and frig have warmer temps than bottom. Bottom bins in frig are always frozen. Items placed in top areas of freezer thaw, while bottom freezes. No matter how I try to adjust door temps, I get the same results.????
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

First you want to make sure that the freezer fan motor is running which Im sure it is, otherwise the refrigerator would not have the temperatures it has, so what is happening is that the damaper/duct assembly between the freezer and the refrigerator is not closing properly, this could be caused by the board but in most cases it is either the temp sensor or the damper motor is just bad, as the unit gets to a certain temperature the computer opens and closes the damper between the freezer and refrigerator section of the unit to control the temperatures in the refrigerator, when it stay open all the time all the air from the top of the freezer is forced into the refrigerator unit constantly which will cause the temps in the refrigerator to be too cold and that explains why the top of the freezer is not keeping proper temps. So if you have already replaced the sensor and the board then the damper is the culprit, if you have not installed the board yet, then go ahead and do that once you get it, and if the problem continues you will need to replace the damper it is at the top left of the refrigerator compartment.

Duct Assembly

Part #: ADJ72911501 - click here

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the answer or did you just forget to rate the answer?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Joel, I installed the recently received board, the freezer thermistor, and the refrigerator thermistor, and I still getting the same results- top shelves of freezer don't freeze, bottom bins in refrigerator both freeze-up; no water or ice in ice-maker, and the water reservoir behind second bin in refrigerator remains frozen...any other ideas???
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.

As I stated in the original answer the damper motor is not closing the flap between the refrigerator and freezer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** replace the damper and see if that fixes the problem...HWM.

ok sounds good, let me know how it does afterwards.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Joel, I finally installed a replacement damper unit on the frig, but I'm still getting a warmer top of freezer setting even though I've set the freezer temperature to -6F. I placed a glass of water on the top shelf of freezer- one day it's frozen, the next day it's thawed-out. The same with the ice-maker- one day it makes a tray or two of ice, the next the cubes are melting and the water drips out into the water dispenser tray. The only related part to this frig I haven't changed is the temperature control board on the water dispenser. Do you think I should change this board. By the way, the bottom food bins on the refrigerator section are not as frozen as before, although they are very cold even when I changed the refrigerator section temperature to 40 degrees F. I'm at a stump dealing with this frig for over a month...please help. HWM