Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a amana easy touch control 700 and the oven light is

Customer Question

i have a amana easy touch control 700 and the oven light is out and I need to replace the bulb but can not get the cover off how do I do this
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I can not get the cover off the oven light
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The glass lens cover should just rotate counter-clockwise but it's gets seized in place due to all the heat inside the oven. The metal base warps a bit over time so you'll have to get extra leverage. I typically use one of those rubber round grips which help you open a jar lid. I'll place that over the lens cover and then use channel locks to grab the outside edge of the lens and then just rotate it counter-clockwise until I can hand twist the cover off the rest of the way. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?