Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Good morning. I have a LG French door fridge. The light in

Customer Question

Good morning. I have a LG French door fridge. The light in fridge is off sync. When door is open light is off at time. Then other times light is on but even when I close doors light is still lite. What can I do?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: When fridge doors are closed and light stays on he light heats food on top shelf by light
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Answer: This is a very common issue the board behind the unit needs to be replaced, they had issues with the relay for the light circuit and have upgraded it on the board. Sometimes the relay sticks and other times it does not make good contact since it is burned out. Replace that and you will be good to is a link to it. CLICK HERE PART #500A All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!