Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

GE dishwasher Model GDT580SMF4ES will not start it appears

Customer Question

GE dishwasher Model GDT580SMF4ES will not start it appears that the delayed timer is on and will not clear, we shot if off to reset that did not work, we held timer button down for 3 seconds as instruction state , that did not work .
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
If it won't reset, try to flip the circuit breaker of to the dishwasher for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If the electronics will not reset then try to start a cycle and just wait out the delay timer. If you start a cycle it should start running and reset the delay after it has run so if after 24 hours the dishwasher hasn't run and reset, then the control board is just bad and would need to be replaced. The part number for the control board is WD21X21916 and it's about $70. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?