Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I am trying to program a new high voltage board in my amana

Customer Question

I am trying to program a new high voltage board in my amana refrigerator have instructions but can not seem to get them to work
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I replaced the high voltage board for my amana model number AFI2538AEQ and now I need to program it I am getting a PE 0000 and when I push the refrigerator up and down it tells me H2O or Ice
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
So first, attached below are the instructions you'll need to program the board to make sure you're doing it right. Now second, let's make sure you ordered the correct control board. There is a serial break on your unit so if your serial number starts with 10 or 11, you need part number WP12920710. If your serial number starts with 12 or higher, you need part number WPW10310240. Other than that, if you have the wrong board it won't program. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.