bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

Microwave oven will not work. Digital display reads H98

Customer Question

microwave oven will not work. Digital display reads H98
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.
This error code indicates that there is a problem with either the Magnetron or the connection to or the actual inverter pcb. First check is to see if the filament on the magnetron is open circuit or not - Ian
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do not understand! Please tell me if I need to call serviceman or get rid of microwave. Thanks.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.
OK this microwave has a self-test facility that will tell you if it has detected a problem within its electrical circuits. The H98 indicates that there is a problem likely with the Magnetron (the mircrowave heating element if you like) If you have no electrical knowledge I would suggest you either get a repairman in or weigh up his costings and buy new.Would you know kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done further questions are free - thank you for using JA and have a great evening. - Ian
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.
Having been given the information requested would you kindly rate the answer by using the star rating at the top of the page please - Ian