Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Whirlpool electric drier. It is not heating

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Whirlpool electric drier. It is not heating in the automatic mode and only heats up for one cycle in the timer mode. I checked the lint trap and flow in the exhaust pipe. they are Ok. Any ideas
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: the model is wed4800xq0
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
If the dryer does heat in one mode and not another, it means you have a bad contact inside your timer itself. The timer would need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue I'm sorry to say so below is a link to the timer you'd need to order for your model number. CLICK HERE for timer We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?