Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

I have a kitcheaid ice machine. serial #EU3904496 MODEL

Customer Question

i have a kitcheaid ice machine. serial #EU3904496 MODEL #KUIC15NRTSO
Not working. Cleaned it twice. blue ON light on. tray fills with water. here compressor running. please call me Steve Walpole (###) ###-####
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today. If the compressor is running and the cold plate is not freezing the water and forming a block of ice then the sealed system has a freon leak, the repair will have to be performed by a certified refrigeration tech with the proper licenses for your state. The leak will have to be located and repaired, the system will have to be recharged. There is much more to it than that but that is the basics of it. So if you are positive the compressor is running and water is flowing over the cold plate, that is gonna be the issue. ******************************************************************************* We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the answer or did you just forget to rate the answer?