Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Model NNST651B Bought in 2013 When I open the door it starts

Customer Question

Model NNST651B Bought in 2013
When I open the door it starts -nothing in it - nothing on display window-
I unplug it- put food in it - close the door - plug it and then program it and it responds to
the program and stops when completed. BUT as I open the door it starts again...
I unplug it to recuperate the food...
I think I have a problem!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
When you open the door and the microwave starts up, it means that one of your 3 door switches behind the front frame of the microwave has failed and the faulty door switch would need to be replaced. The microwave will look like it's running when you open the door if one of the 3 door switches isn't working. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to test the actual door switches inside your microwave to know which one to replace. Now access on your microwave is completely different however. You will need to remove 1 screw coming in from the right and left side toward the bottom. Then remove the screws coming in from the back of the microwave along the top, right and left edges. Once all the screws are removed, the entire outer shell will pull straight back, up, and off so that you can test the switched through the right side of the microwave. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?