Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

LG stack washer purchased in 2005. Making squeal/metallic

Customer Question

LG stack washer purchased in 2005. Making squeal/metallic noise and does not spin with laundry in it. LE error comes on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
LE means that the motor is struggling. If you're getting a metal noise then that would explain why it's struggling to turn the basket properly. Unfortunately that usually means your main bearing and seals have gone bad which ruins the shaft on your inner basket so all the bearings and seals as well as the shaft (which may be part of the inner basket depending on the model number) would all need to be replaced. The cost of repair is usually about $600 or so. $900 would be very expensive, but unfortunately the repair is not cheap. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?