Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Maytag range mod mgr5765qdw oven/broiler wont work

Customer Question

maytag range mod mgr5765qdw oven/broiler wont work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
If you turn you oven onto broil and wait 5 minutes then open the door, does the igniter at the back of your ceiling glow even if the broiler doesn't turn on?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
broiler works oven does not
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
OK that is what I figured. Since your oven still works on broil, it sounds like your bake igniter is just going out and needs to be replaced. Igniters generally last about 6-8 years normally and then they either stop working all together, or they just get weak and don't draw 3.2 amps even though they are glowing. If an igniter doesn't pull 3.2 amps, the oven gas safety valve will not open up. Now the bake igniter is mounted to the bake burner below the floor inside the oven so you'd need to pull the floor out of the oven to access the igniter for replacement. Below is a link to the igniter for your model and it costs about $50. CLICK HERE for oven igniter We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?