Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Maytag mle 20pdcyw0 issues

Customer Question

maytag mle 20pdcyw0 issues
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
this is an stack top dryer bottom washer . top dryer works fine insert coins ans select it works . washer do not. i open door, close door( display is at 0 ) when i select my wash cycle or type the display goes blank and the only thing on display is the dryer cycle like the washer always disapear
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Turn the power totally off to the machine at the breaker for at least 1 hour to reset the electronics. Does the behavior change when powered back up?
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.
The door interlock switch needs to be replaced. Its part number is ***** and its price is $30.49. You can purchase it at www.reliableparts.com.Using the expert's rating scale, found at the top of your screen, please click the star that best reflects your satisfaction with my answer. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.
.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
The door lock is not likely to make the screen go blank when the door is closed. Please post back what changes, if any, with the power cycle.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Page 12 in the attached tech sheet shows how to initiate the Help Mode and will allow you to retrieve any stored fault codes. Can you please post what you find?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did everything, reset, power down, inspected fault codes ( no faults), checked the programing found no issues. After I reset it worked for 1 day and the same thing again. Top dryer works fine, bottom washer display goes blank if I press any of the bottom setting to start the load. It won't take money. To get the bottom display back I have to open door then the display comes back then shut door and press any lower selection and the lower display goes blank ( dryer side still fine). No sound or anything. I guess it is a controller issues or selection pad issue?
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
If it worked for one day, that would likely indicate a control failure, yes.