John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have a h6400bm speed oven and it has some liquid that

Customer Question

hi
i have a h6400bm speed oven and it has some liquid that is between the two pieces of glass on the door and i need to find out if you can remove the inner panel to clean it.
any help is most appreciated
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
I will find the information you need, and I'll get back to you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thanks John
we have a dinner party at home tomorrow night and we are doing a quick once over everything and this problem is proving difficult to fix. i hope to hear from you soon.
Anthony
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
The outer door glass can be removed. It is tempered glass, so care must be taken not to strike it with a sharp object. If the liquid is between the inner glass panes, there's no way to separate them. The door assembly is not available, so I suggest you leave the job go, until you have more uninterrupted time.Using the expert's rating scale, found at the top of your screen, please click the star that best reflects your satisfaction with my answer. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thanks john
how do i remove the outer glass?
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
First, lift the door from the oven by opening it to about 45 degrees, and lifting upward, until the hinges slide out of the slots in the frame. Lay the door on a secure flat surface, outside glass down. Remove the screws on the inner panel, and carefully lift the panels and glass from the frame. Leave the outer glass in place, if possible. Clean and reassemble in the reverse order.
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Do you need more help, before your request times out?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hi John
i have had a look at what you have asked to do but i dont think its the same model you are talking about.
just to clarify its a brand new Miele H6400bm speed oven and it doesnt have any screws in the inside glass panel and the door doesnt seem to come out at 45 degrees. i have had several tries at what you have recommended but it doesnt seem to be working.
any further help will be appreciated. maybe some diagrams will help!
thanks
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry. I was describing the procedure for a Maytag range. I have little experience with the Mieli appliances, so I'll opt out of your request, so another, more experienced expert, can discuss it with you.