Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a MayTag Centenial washer, my Question is: It says it

Customer Question

I have a MayTag Centenial washer, my Question is: It says it has an auto water level system but on every wash the washer fills to the very upper part of the bowl.
Is the correct or is there something wrong, maybe you could tell me how to test the water level system for correct operation.
Is it adjustable as I live by myself and wash more regulalrly But it a whole lot of water being used.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
That is not normal. Either you're opening the lid after you started a cycle which causes the washer to fill to the maximum level (since it doesn't know how many clothes you've added when you opened the lid after the cycle has started), or the pressure sensor switch in the control panel is just not sensing properly and the pressure switch would need to be replaced. The pressure switch is the switch inside the control panel with a small rubber hose and several wires connected to it. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.