Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

There? A plug and play user interface board

Customer Question

there?
A plug and play user interface board W10137419 which makes the dryer work perfect, I take that board out and install a new "replaced by part" W10166385 and it just comes up with codes and when I push buttons some numbers change, but I can't get the dry to work. Do you know how to make this new replacement board work?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceMAN replied 7 months ago.
Hello! Im sean, lets get to work on this :) First things first, Your my ears and eyes since Im doing everything over the site. We also do not get paid unless were rated at the end, So please don't forget about us :) So if you can explain a little more, Seems some of the connection didnt come thru, Also please send model number and make of dryer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
MDE22PRAYW0
where did you get that part to fit the dryer?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nothing against you, but if your HVAC, I doubt you can fix this
I'm a research goo roo and can't find it online anywhere. so unless you know maytag commercial dryers, lets not spend tons of time having you search for an answer, if you know how to fix this, lets make it happen. Sorry, I'm a Green Beret, "lets get the job done" type, and I've spent hours on this already and don't have the time or patience for BS
The part that is being replaced is a plug and play User Interface, part number W10137419
How ever, why you go to purchase this part, they say it is replaced with part W10166385
When I install the new part, it says "out of order" when I have the jumper installed "like the old board"
but when I power it up without the "jumper" installed, it just gives me codes that I can change.
I'm assuming the new part fixed the problem of having to "jump" the "coin" switches if you are not using this machine for commercial paid use. This is used in the Barracks.
I have a good board, when it's installed, Plug it in, works great.
the new board, it does not
I'm assuming I need to make all of those "setting" to the correct numbers so it will work. but I don't know what that is, and of course I could be totally wrong.
THOUGHTS?
Is there anyone there?
I'm going to give this a minute or two more, and if I don't hear anything, I'm off.
You can get the part from about 50 places online, but from Sears Parts Direct.
Ok, I think i'm going to go for the refund. This just doesn't operate on the same time line as I like getting things accomplished.
Do you know how to get this done or not?
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
bye
You have to press send after you type, I just received this....
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I noticed the enter button didn't do it's job, so do we have a fix?
Im reading everything you typed. Hang tight for a second.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't know if you are controlling this "want to switch to a live phone call" or not, but if I wanted to pay 50 I would of called a service tech, if it pops up again, I'm out....
No we don't control any of this, We are just experts, We actually only get paid if we get a positive rating. just give me a minute.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
if you're searching online, you are not going to find it...I'm telling you, phone a friend might work, but online will not. I have called Maytag, they want to send a tech, I have called, searched, you name it, so unless you "know" then this is futile, I'm just saying.
Alright, Im opting out, I see that were not gonna be able to work together. Ill let someone else join in, I was looking up the manual in my service truck to see something on the wiring diagram.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
K, I would tap out too if I didn't have the answer. it's not something that can be found online.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.
When you say codes are coming up what codes are coming up? The program codes?
I guess you are not there or not responding, I am a different tech who has the answer to this issue as this is a common complaint for the reprogram procedure.54321Take care and I will see if another tech can assist
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There?
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The programming sheet is attached.