Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I cannot get my model rf268ABRS to cool.

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Do you hear any fans or motors running or is the unit 100% silent? Also, are both the refrigerator and freezer sections room temperature?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The lights are on. Neither is cooling. At room temp. No fans running
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
OK the only thing that can cause this issue would be the control board itself, nothing else would stop both the refrigerator and freezer from trying to run at all. The main control board is on the back of the refrigerator behind an access panel. You can try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, below is a link to the control board you'll need to order and replace which is all plug and play so if you're handy you can replace it in about 15-20 minutes. CLICK HERE for control board We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.