Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Frigidaire Infinity washing machine does not spin properly.

Customer Question

My Frigidaire Infinity washing machine does not spin properly. Clothes are left sopping wet. It is hit or miss. It may take trying several wash cycles before it works properly. Also, it sometimes goes through the cycles very fast. Example, I set it on normal washing and ten minutes later it signals its done.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
The motor control board mounted to the floor below the tub is actually what controls how the washer cycles and when to move on from one function to the next in the cycle. It also determines whether the load is balanced and controls how the motor spins so if you're having an issue with both the washer not spinning properly and the cycle advancing too quickly sometimes, the motor control board would need to be replaced. The cost of the part is usually about $200 but that depends on the exact model number located on a sticker just inside the door way. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is the part easily replaced? Or would I also have to pay someone to install?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
If you're handy you can definitely install the part yourself. It's all plug and play. Jut pull the washer forward and remove the back sheet metal panel to access the board mounted to the floor below the tub.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?