Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Maytag neptune tl top load washer will not advance past wash

Customer Question

maytag neptune tl top load washer will not advance past wash cycle. Stops and 33 minutes to go in wash cycle and then just tumbles ever minute or so but never advances past 33 mins. I'm very techy and have the front off. All seems well. No error codes
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
If you're not getting an error code, then unfortunately the motor control board isn't telling the main control board to advance so it's not moving from one function to the next, or the main control board is bad. This is not something you can test for this particular issue since it's a logic problem and you can't test communication between the 2 boards so below is a link to the motor control board. The main control board is no longer made and not likely the problem, but below is the motor control board you'll want to order and replace from a place that does allow returns if for some reason the main board is actually faulty. Although, if the main board is faulty it is probably time for a new washer. CLICK HERE for motor control board We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. there is a diagnostic test for the motor control board. I'll check that.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
There is, but it won't tell you anything. The logic for the diagnostic test is completely different than the logic for a normal cycle. You can't test the logic which is what your problem is.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?