John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My monogram refrigerator is approx 9 years old. The freezer

Customer Question

My monogram refrigerator is approx 9 years old. The freezer gets extremely cold but the frig side doesn't cool adequatly. There is condensation forming at the top of the frig side.
When I turn it off for day of so, it will fo back to normal when I turn it back on. It will slowly go back to not working right.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.
Do you have the model number please?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
model # ***** *****
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.
OK sounds like you have a problem with the evaporator sensor OK but what I need you do do is to take off the back panel inside the freezer and check if it is frozen up first - if you follow the video link attached that tells you how to replace the sensor but more importantly shows how to remove the back panel. -- http://www.appliancepartspros.com/ge-temperature-sensor-wr55x10025-ap3185407.html#autoplay -- come back to me when you have checked for ice build behind this panel.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
that is not my refrigerator
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.
The video covers the GE and Whirlpool and Monogram ranges, may be slight differences but the system is the same.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
my frig is very different. Is a 42 inch built in with ice maker. It is 7 feet tall with comressor on top.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.
OK could you kindly recheck the model number for me as that model refers to a side by side stand alone with icemaker. --http://www.appliancepartspros.com/parts-for-ge-ziss420drgss.html
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
model # ***** *****
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.
Well in that case you should be able to follow the internal instructions, where the compressor is is rather academic when discussing the problem.