Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Stove model no. 790.72503011 trying to lift top

Customer Question

Stove model no. 790.72503011
trying to lift top for cleaning
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
To remove the top panel, you must first remove all the burner grates and burner caps. Next, remove all the screws going through the burner bases. The burner bases will then pull up and off. The top panel should then just lift up at the front and hinge back. If not, then there are 2 hidden metal spring clips just below the front panel in the seam along the front. Stick a putty knife into the seam and push back on these hidden metal spring clips. The clips should be about 4 inches or so from the right and left edges in the seam just below the top panel. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?