Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Refrigerator model shcoxfw01: I want to get rid of the cold

Customer Question

Refrigerator model shcoxfw01: I want to get rid of the cold water unit in the refrigerator. What do I do. The water is already disconnected. How do I take out the unit?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
To remove the entire cold water unit, just open the refrigerator door and remove the bottom crispers. Look at the back wall to locate the water reservoir. Remove this reservoir and you'll see there are 2 water lines going to it which go through the floor. One goes to the bottom door hinge and up to the dispenser, and the other goes back to the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator down by the compressor. Pull the refrigerator out, remove the lower back access panel and disconnect the water line coming from the water reservoir over at the water valve. Next, disconnect the water line below the door that goes up to the dispenser. Now you can just grab the reservoir and pull hard to remove it with the water lines. Use silicone to plug the hole in the bottom of the refrigerator where the water lines went through the liner. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?