John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

My front door is locked to my Maytag Neptune front load washer

Customer Question

My front door is locked to my Maytag Neptune front load washer they say take out screws to soap dispenser I took mine out but it had no screws to be removed I had to push down on a tab now I don't see no wire
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
First, remove the power by switching off the breaker in your electrical panel. While the power is off, try to open the door. If you get it open, switch the power back on, and try to start the washer. Please let me know the results. If you need further assistance, I'll need the model number, so I can find the necessary technical information to assist you further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That was no help at all model number mah6700aww. / serial number 10640584gn
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
OK. Thank you. It was worth a try. It's obvious that the door latch will need to be replaced. The part number is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $67.53. You can purchase it at If you type the part number into the search box, you'll see a photo of the part, with a link to a replacement video, beneath the photo.Using the expert's rating scale, found at the top of your screen, please click the star that best reflects your satisfaction with my effort to assist you. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That's OK I going to get a repair man to come look at it
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
OK. Thank you. Please rate my effort to assist you.