Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Kitchenaid dishwasher in excellent condition...with

Customer Question

I have a Kitchenaid dishwasher in excellent condition...with the exception of the child lock is on and I can not turn it off. Since this disables the dishwasher, it can't be used. I have tried holding down the button indicated in the manual. I have pulled the power chord out, turned off fuses and done about everything to get it to reset. I am prepared to buy a new control panel but my DW is almond and the control panel available is now only black. I do not want a black panel on an almond door. The model is kuds25shal1 and the part is(###) ###-####( I believe that is the correct # ***** an almond control panel ). I would even find the color bisque acceptable. My question is 2 part. Can the existing panel be somehow adjusted to just disable, shut off or remove the child lock feature? Or if this is not possible, do you know of a distributer that might have the discontinued control panel in the color I need? I have made endless calls with no success. Thank you, Cheryl
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons, paying close attention to the button used to lock and unlock the control. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens, please.