Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

Have a Kenmore stove, about 5 -6 yrs. old. This is about the

Customer Question

Have a Kenmore stove, about 5 -6 yrs. old. This is about the 5th time I've used the broiler walked outside for a couple of minutes, heard the what I thought was finished timmer went back in & F10 was flashing. What does this mean, looked in the manual & it said any "F" error code I should call.
Hope you can help & your smarter than the person I talked to on the phone.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.F-10 fault code means the oven temperature is getting too hot(the oven is not cycling properly)There are two causes for this1. faulty temperature sensor2. faulty oven control boardThe sensor is located on the back wall of the oven you will see the probe protruding into the oven cavity.The sensor should have 1091 ohms plus or minus 5.3 ohms at room temp around 75 degrees give or take a few degrees.If the sensor checks out ok the the oven control board needs to be replaced and of course if the sensor does not have the correct ohms then replace it. ******************************************************************************* We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do appreciate your quick response & was very helpful. I do believe how ever what I had to do to get the answer is B.S. & a rip off. This is not pointed at you Joel, you your helpful it's just how I had to go about getting the answer.
I understand your concerns but as you stated I am just a tech on the site and have not a thing to do with any of it, and I do apologize for your inconvenience and I hope that you can get the problem with your range resolved now, and if you need any help at all please let me know, now that have picked up your question there should not be any more headache involved. I would however appreciate it if you would rate the answer as this is the only way I will get credit for the time I have taken to help and I will continue to help you if you still need it. In fact if you would give me the full model number of the range I will be more than happy to locate you the replace part numbers you may need. It will be located on the oven door frame most likely.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Joel, this was not aimed at you, you just happened to be there when I started swing, for that I apologize.
Hey no worries, I appreciate you using the service.