Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Had power outage one blue light flashing on refrigerator side

Customer Question

Had power outage one blue light flashing on refrigerator side tried holding both power freeze and power cold to reset no luck. Thanks morma
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Control power not responding to any pushing of buttons just one blue light flashing. Light inside refrigerator is on model rs263tdwp
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If you're getting a blue light and the interior lights inside the refrigerator works, you know the noise filter is good which is where the power comes into the refrigerator from your house. It then goes to the main control board on the back of your refrigerator or on the top toward the back under an access cover. Either way, this main control board has failed and needs to be replaced so below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model number. CLICK HERE for control board We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.