Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a ge profile refrigerator cycling on and of every 2

Customer Question

I have a ge profile refrigerator cycling on and of every 2 or 3 minutes. Model ptc22fmarbs. Over the weekend one of my kids messed with the temp settings and I reset them both to 5. I keep reading something about reset. Not sure if that is what I need to do or if I need to have someone come out. Do yo have any suggestions?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Unit seems to be keeping things cold enough at about the 5 setting. I'm just concerned about the cycle being way different than it ever was. It's probably about 12 years old.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
The only thing that controls the refrigerator cycling on and off is the thermostat itself. Now there really is no reset for this issue, if it's just become too sensative or can't hold the contact closed, the thermostat will just need to be replaced. The part number is ***** and unfortunately the part is no longer made so tracking down a new one may be next to impossible. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?