Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

What to do whenmy Bosch next 500 washer is out of round during

Customer Question

What to do whenmy Bosch next 500 washer is out of round during speinning
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.
Remove the back sheet metal panel and make sure the springs above the tub as well as the shocks below the tub are not broken. If that checks good, either the bearing has gone bad on the rear outer tub, or one of the support arms on the main shaft that attaches to the back of the inner basket broke. To know which one is causing the problem, just listen to the washer when it's spinning. If you get one loud bang/clunk each time the basket makes a rotation when it's spinning quickly, then you need to replace the entire inner stainless steel basket because one of the arms is broken. If the washer is really loud like a jet engine, that means your rear drum bearing has gone bad and the entire rear outer tub would need to be replaced. Both repairs would cost about $600 or so to have repaired so it may not be worth fixing if you can't do it yourself, but that's completely up to you. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?