Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Maytag quiet series 100 won't start. I press a wash cycle,

Customer Question

My Maytag quiet series 100 won't start. I press a wash cycle, and it lights up, but when I push start it won't
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a full model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door. Also, if you turn the control panel off so no lights are on and then press start, does the control panel light up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model MDBH950AWS
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Also, if you turn the control panel off so no lights are on and then press start, does the control panel light up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I just press start nothing kites up, but I I select a cycle the cycle lights up. But then I press start , and nothing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I don't know how to turn the control off, that's just what happens when I the lights are already off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
U don't have to call me. I didn't mean to push that
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK unfortunately these Maytag units are known for the start buttons failing on the touch control panel which is what yours has done. Even if you don't select a cycle, the control panel should at least light up when you press the start button acknowledging that you pushed a button. This means that the start button doesn't know you're pushing the button if you press it and nothing changes and the control panel remains completely dead. Unfortunately you can't just replace the start button, you must replace the entire touch control panel so below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model. CLICK HERE for touch control panel We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. The only thing is, this happened before, then all of the sudden it started working again after a week
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The electronics can be sporadic, but even if it ever fixes itself the problem will come back until you replace the part.