Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Pearl, JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: LFC20770ST will not make ice but does cycle. We replaced with the water valve and it worked for 2 weeks then nothing. Bought another valve thinking first one was faulty and still no ice. When I push gray button under ice maker it does cycle but no water.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: That covers the issue.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
If the icemaker is cycling and it's not filling, disconnect the water line from the valve and blow through it to make sure it's clear. If the water line up to the icemaker is clear and you replaced the valve twice, you just have a bad contact on the iceamaker not sending power to the valve when the icemaker cycles to refill it. On the other hand if the water line is frozen, it's usually frozen right behind the icemaker or above the icemaker and you can try to thaw it out with a hair dryer. Now, if you had a multimeter you could test power going to the icemaker solenoid on the water valve after you press and hold the button under the icemaker to confirm you're not getting 110 volts to the valve, but if not then your entire icemaker needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the icemaker. CLICK HERE for icemaker We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?