Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

I have a maytag french door refrigerator. the water is working

Customer Question

I have a maytag french door refrigerator. the water is working fine, but the icemaker is not working, and I do not hear it trying to produce ice as before. I also have water leaking out of the bottom of it. This was happening even when the icemaker was producing. Are the two connected and where do i start with trouble shooting.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today. Well unfortunately if there is water leaking out of the bottom of the ice maker itself, that means the ice maker mold is cracked and leaking, so there is no troubleshooting really, the ice maker unit has to be replaced as you can not repair that it just must be replaced and also the odds are if the unit is in that bad of shape then thermostat in the ice maker that tells it is there is ice in the mold and to start the harvest cycle is bad as well and that is why its not making ice, so replace the ice maker and it will be fixed.If you give me the model number of the refrigerator I will be glad to find the replacement ice maker for that unit, thanks. In the meantime: We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.