Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have dryer 796814733210 stuck in cooling mode why?

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
First, this model is made by LG for Sears and sold under the kenmore name. The cooling light issue means that the dryer thinks that it's already too hot inside the dryer. Now this could be a bad thermistor or a faulty control board. you'll need to take the dryer apart and check the resistance of the thermistor which is mounted to the vent on the dryer below the drum. It should be about 10,000 ohms at room temperature and if it's not, you'll want to replace it---otherwise you'll want to order and replace the display control board. Below is a link to the thermistor you're looking for to test. You'll need a multimeter to test resistance and if you don't have it, just replace the thermistor as it's the most likely culprit. CLICK HERE for thermistor This is really not an easy to get inside the dryer unfortunately. To gain access, you need to pull the dryer forward and unplug it. Next, remove the 2 bolts coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Remove the screws coming in from the inside of the dryer going into the control panel. The control panel will then pull up and out of the way. At this point, you just have a few screws going across the top of the front panel to remove. Open the door and you need to remove the 2 screws below the door way. Now you can remove the front panel to access the inside of the dryer and vent assembly. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?