Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Can you tell me how your service works? JA: I'll do all

Customer Question

Hi, can you tell me how your service works?
JA: I'll do all I can to help.
Customer: I have a gas dryer that is getting too hot and i've checked the venting, etc.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Whirlpool Cabrio Platinum Dryer WGD8200YW2. I had a tech out and we disconnected the back vent because he believed that was the issue. He reset the thermal cut-off and we then utilized the dryer twice with the vent house disconnected from the wall. The second time we used it, it started smoking and we realized that it was getting way too hot. The thermal cut-off now shuts off and we have definitely determined it isn't a venting issue.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Is the air flow good out of the vent pipe? mainly is the blower working for sure?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm not experienced with working on gas dryers, thus I'm not sure how much air flow should be coming out of the vent pipe. The gas dryer was getting too hot even with the vent disconnected from the wall and you could feel the hot air coming out of the vent hose (from the back of the dryer). Does that help answer your question? Is there a better way to determine whether the blower is for sure working? Thank you.
There should be strong airflow out of the back of the unit with the vent disconnected is there?
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the answer or did you just forget to rate the answer?