Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Whirlpool Model RDB245PDQ1 5 built-in oven. The

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Model RDB245PDQ1 5 built-in oven. The LED panel is dark, and when the button is pressed to start the oven, it emits a single, then three short beeps. Nothing else happens. Can you tell me the part(s) that may have gone bad?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Since you're getting a response when you press the start button on the oven, you know that the touch control panel is getting power and the touch pad plugs directly into the display board which means the display board is getting power. Try to flip the circuit breaker off to the oven for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, the display board itself would need to be replaced and the part number is(###) ###-#### The issue is that the part is no longer made so you'd need to send it into a place like or Core Centric Solutions to have the board refurbished and that usually costs about $200 or so and takes a week or two to get back. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.