Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My washer had a sock stuck in the drain pipe on the washer

Customer Question

my washer had a sock stuck in the drain pipe on the washer side of the pump and would not pump out the water. after removing the sock I filled the tub partially with water and set it to spin and it pumped out the water and did fine. I then tried to run it through a regular cycle to see if the problem was solved but to my surprise it never stop filling and over flowed. could I have a bad pressure switch or control valve that regulates the amount of water filling the tube. this happened after one of the kids tried to run a load of clothes so full he had to push them down just to get the the door closed. the model is glws1233as2
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Check the pressure switch hose between the bottom of the tub and the pressure switch itself. Make sure the hose didn't get disconnected. Also, disconnect the hose at the pressure switch inside the control panel and blow through it to make sure it's clear and doesn't have a hole rubbed in the side of it. If the hose checks good, start a cycle and watch it closely again. If it starts to look like it's going to overflow again, you need to replace the pressure switch. Below is a link to the pressure switch you'd need to order and replace for your model number. CLICK HERE for pressure switch We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?