Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Frigidaire dishwasher won't start. lights do not show on

Customer Question

My Frigidaire dishwasher won't start. lights do not show on selected cycle, temp, etc buttons when pushed. The little 8 sec lock button is on. but I don't know what that even means.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
It sounds like your control lock is engaged. One of your buttons is used as a control lock on your dishwasher if you press and hold it for 5 seconds. Look to see if you can determine which button you need to press and hold. If you can't tell, just push each button one at a time for 5 seconds and one of them should unlock your control panel so you can use it again. Other than that, if you can't find the button, send me the model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door. I can then look up which button you need to press and hold for your particular model number. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?