John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

Good morning. My grandmother just purchased an Amana washer

Customer Question

Good morning. My grandmother just purchased an Amana washer and dryer last week and the washer is working great. The dryer on the other hand is not drying clothes as well as it should. I have a load of clothes in it now that I have had to run 3 times at 60 min on times heat and they are just now getting dry. Is there a way for me to increase the heat output or is that something that has to be serviced?
Thank you in advance.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.
The most likely possibility is a restricted air flow through the dryer, which is usually caused by a blockage in the vent system. A thorough inspection of the vent hose and the pipe leading to the exhaust vent cap outside the house is needed. First, check the vent cap for spider webs collecting dust and lint, if the appliances are replacements.If this fails to reveal any problems, contact the selling dealer or the manufacturer, and discuss the problem with one of their people. Any DIY attempt to repair the dryer will likely void the warranty provision you have for covered diagnosis, service and repair parts covered by the new purchase warranty.Using the expert's rating scale, located at the top of your screen, please click on the star that best reflects your satisfaction with my answer. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.