Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic

Magic Chef Wine Cooler model mcwc50dbt keeps showing a EEF

Customer Question

Magic Chef Wine Cooler model mcwc50dbt keeps showing a EEF code on the disyplay and stops cooling. Once you unplug it works again for usually a few days and then it does it a again. How do I fix the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Answer: This means the unit is not cooling, the actual issue is the compressor fails to start. You need to replace the start relay device on the compressor to fix this issue. Here is the part you need to fix the unit, it just slides onto the compressor pins behind the unit.CLICK HERE All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the answer or did you just forget to rate the answer?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Well I order emerge relay and installed but I am still getting the "EEF" error message. Obviously the relay starter switch you told me to get was not the correct answer. Any other recommendations?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Magic Chef said perhaps a Temp Probe. Something about the unit thinking it is too cold and shutting down. The part number they gave me is 312180200022 but not sure where to find it or install it.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** do you have a multimeter to do some testing?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes. I do.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
Are you running the wine cooler on 110 or 22o volts?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
OK get into a place where you can work around it - I want you at the compressor end where you have replaced the new start relay. Set the multimeter to 200v AC and check that you have 110v at the two tabs feeding power to the compressor. Come back to me with your result.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Does the compression need to be running to get a readout?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay. Got a .1 reading