Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a CVM2072SM2SS and the unit has stopped heating.

Customer Question

I have a CVM2072SM2SS and the unit has stopped heating. The fan and motor all turn on but it appears that the microwave tube is not heating at all.
Any ideas?
Greg
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Answer: Normally when everything works and sounds fine and it just does not heat the filamament in the magnetron tube is burned out. Based on the age of that unit that would be the issue 99.9% of the time. Here is the part number for you WB27X10370. You may not want to fix it due to part cost and the actual labor involved in the repair, but that is for you to decide. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the answer or did you just forget to rate the answer?