Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I replaced our hot water heater a while back and turned the

Customer Question

I replaced our hot water heater a while back and turned the water off to the house. Our washing machine was running at the time. Opps. So now the washer will not run through its cycles correctly. Want to reset the computer?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have taken the back off to visually look at all the wiring harnesses. There is no evidence of a short.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: My wife has run the washer manually advancing each cycle. she said it is now having problems going to a spin cycle as well.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Answer: To reset it unplug the washer for a full 5 minutes then plug it back in that will be a complete reset on the unit. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!