Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I bought a Dyson at a garage sale. It was so dirty. I turned

Customer Question

I bought a Dyson at a garage sale. It was so dirty. I turned it on for 2 seconds. It worked but sounded really stopped up. I took it apart and cleaned filter the brush. It was clogged. Got it spit shined. Put it back together. Turned it on, it made a sound and quit. It won't do anything now. Is there a reset button.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: If it hummed for just a bit then quit the overload may have popped on the motor. See when it cools down if it does the same thing. If so the motor is bad or seized. Probably why it was at the garage sale. let me know All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!