John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

What are some causes whirlpool refrigerator freezer

Customer Question

What are some causes for my whirlpool refrigerator freezer for frosting so badly. Also, on screen panel there is no indication that I have opened my freezer door, however, I get an alert when other doors are opened.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! I suspect the freezer door switch may be faulty. If I send you the tech sheet for your model, are you able to do some moderate control programming to initiate the diagnostic cycle to test the door switch?