Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Billy. Dave here. I have a dryer issue I would like to

Customer Question

Hi Billy. Dave here. I have a dryer issue I would like to run by you. Another friend has a Whirlpool Duet (Model #WGD9200SQ0) which is flashing the error code F01. I looked it up and it and of course it gave me two possible fixes. Bad circuit board or bad timing board. What happens is his wife will put in the load, turn on the power, hit start and nothing happens for about 5 seconds when the F01 code starts to flash. Does either board jump out at you as the main problem or do you know if you can tell which board went bad. Smell, burnt area, etc Thanks, Dave
Category: Appliance
Expert:  waymore3 replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry Dave, but I'm afraid you may have posted your question in the wrong category. This is not a plumbing question.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yep. Stupid me. That's what happens when you get a little older. Thanks.
Expert:  waymore3 replied 6 months ago.
You are quite welcome. Good luck sir.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Answer: That is a bad board code 100% replace the main control board which is under the top off to the left with the white cover and you will be good to go! All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!