Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

This is really ridiculous , water pump taken out and cleaned

Customer Question

this is really ridiculous , water pump taken out and cleaned . now can't figure out how to put white plug back on electrical circuit on water pump . I took it off the side part of circuit cant figure out how to put it back on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: It plugs in on the front side of the pump it is kinda hidden if the pump is in place. Check the link out here and as you can see the spades are vertical so line those up and it can only go one way as one side of the plug is taller. CLICK HERE All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is not the way my plug works , it attaches somehow to a blue plug
Can you upload a picture of what you are seeing?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sent photo waiting for reply
It has not come through yet make sure you used the paperclip attachment
Can you describe what this plug looks like? Also how many wires go to the plug?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
3 wires in white plug attached to blue with gold clips that are attached to pump
This is an image of the DRAIN PUMP and the only wire connection that goes to it are you sure you are talking about the drain pump? CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes
OK that wire connector that is noted as (Not connected to the pump) is the connector that connects to the front side of the pump CLICK HERE Put the connector (red arrow) where the other red Arrow is pointing.
Did you get it? All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can't figure out didn't this connect to something
That plug just connects to the pump where the arrow points...it is the only place it goes I have worked on hundreds of these units...the plug port is just on the front side of the pump where the red arrow points.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is no inlet to plug in or any red arrows
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is not the pump, don't know why I can't mail picture
Are you behind the machine or do you have the top removed, where are you looking?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
In the back.
At the base?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Bottom left corner
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
In the back
Is there anyway you can upload a picture? You should see this. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Keep putting images on this sight can't understand why it won't send it
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Tried to send pictures again
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Guess you can't help me tried to send images . Now what. Can't spend more money to call you
I finally got the images...where did you get the Blue capacitor from?
I can tell you where it goes but where is your plug to your pump I do not see it in the pics?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This white plug , somehow went into this blue . This is the pump and and how it came out
Yes the BLUE CAPACITOR goes to the expose terminals and the plug goes to the recessed ones do you see that?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry I'm not getting it. Will show to my husband later.
OK then get back to me I will be around all day I may be out for a bit to cut my grass so if I do not reply do not worry I will when I get back in!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sir this is the husband there is no way this white plug fits on to the recessed fitting
Ok you only have 4 spades on the pump correct? Two are for the capacitor and the other two are for the plug so whichever you can fit the plug onto that is the one it goes in. It was hard to see in the pic for me, let me know and then try it
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There are only two spades and the capacitor is on that
OK on the white plug are there two wires going to it and could the BLUE capacitor plug into the back of the WHITE plug itself?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There are two wires but the white plug is to big to plug into anything I wasn't home when my wife pulled it out
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You have not resolved my problems I assume I will not be charged
I have been trying to assist you with the issue the best I can I am only a tech that works through the site and I am not paid anything unless a good rating is given and then only a small amount. If you do not want to continue that is fine, just let me know
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need to hire a tec and shouldn't be charged- I'm mechanical inclined and I can't figure this out no point in continuing I'm getting nowhere