Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Freezer temperature is at 25, refrigerator is at 47. I pressed

Customer Question

Freezer temperature is at 25, refrigerator is at 47. I pressed cooler on both and it took down to suggested temperatures, but it would not stay.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I brought temperatures down to the desired levels and when those levels were reached, the "set" light went on. However, temperatures went back to levels much higher than the desired levels. Please advise.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not really. We have been going in and out of the refrigerator at a bit more often this weekend, but not enough to warrant such high temperatures.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: That is displaying the actual temps in the units so you may have a compressor issue. I would try to unplug the unit for 1 full minute and plug it back in. See if that resets the unit and it starts to cool. If not you will have something more wrong with the unit for sure. If you can get me the model number off the unit and we can trouble shoot from there if needed. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!